Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Berona

After being asked the question AGAIN…I’ve decided to go ahead and make my next post about the name Berona.

The email received….
“Just wondering how and where you came up with the name "Berona" since it's my last name. I guess I need to read the book.”

My Response….
“You are not the first person to as this question, However you may be the first to ask that actually had the name Berona.
I REALLY wish I had some great inspiring story involving the name Berona, but I don’t. But since you asked....
The original idea was a calendar we called the "One Year War." But like ideas do, it grew into something more. After working on it for a short period of time the calendar idea turned into a book. We could no longer call it the “one year war” so we went with the "Hundred year war."
So we worked on the story for nearly a year and in that year we were asked a couple of times if the story had anything to do with the actual Hundred years war, from the 1337-1453. We, at that point saw the title being a problem. However, we had been calling it that for so long, we couldn’t see ourselves changing it.
SOOOooo, Anthony and myself were sitting in a coffee shop and I suggested that we add a name in front of the title. After a short moment of thinking, I RANDOMLY spit out the name “Berona.” The name of the land at war as well as the character who is responsible for the book is called Berona.
To be honest, I didn’t even know it was a real name and on top of that, I don’t think it was suppose to stick. But just like the original title…it stuck. I'm glad it did because we both like it a lot.
And will most likely continue using it in any future “Berona” related projects!
I hope that answers your question
And yes, you need to read the book! :)
-Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment